As the world adjusts to a new way of operating, we at Options Consulting Solutions (OCS) have consistently monitored the situation relating to COVID-19. Throughout the past few months, the care of our staff, clients and candidates has remained at the core of all of our decisions.
We have ensured that anyone we partner with continues to be informed, prepared and, most of all, safe. This has involved frequently referring to official guidelines provided by Public Health Canada and adjusting our business practices with any new developments.
The results of this have led to the following changes, to name a few:
- All of our business has been carried out in a remote capacity, meaning;
– Walk-in meetings with recruiters are no longer permitted
– All interviews are conducted via video interviewing
- Specific COVID-19 policies for clients and candidates have been created, these ensure;
– Each person we conduct business with has access to recent resources so they can remain informed and help to protect those around them
– Procedures are outlined so that everyone is aware of how to practice and provide safe working operations
- We have been promoting the use of video interviewing techniques to our clients and we have supported them in adapting to this interviewing style
– To encourage the use of this method, we have created our own Video Interview Guide for clients and candidates
- Job placements will not commence if we feel that the safety of our clients or candidates might be compromised in any way
- OCS urges everyone to utilize all available resources and information, and so COVID-19 symptoms and prevention measures have been identified below
For more advice, please also see our Useful Resources section
These newly implemented procedures at OCS have been successful, helping us do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to conduct business. In this time it is important for everyone to make adjustments such as these, especially those who are responsible for the safety of others. If you are an employer in need of support with policies, procedures, or if you have any questions then please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is crucial that you are aware of the symptoms of COVID-19. Knowing what they are will mean that you can remain indoors for 14 days if you are experiencing any signs of the virus. Symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Pneumonia in both lungs
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you must contact Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000 TTY: 1-866-797-0007) or your healthcare provider for guidance. Please also complete the Government Self-Assessment tool https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
It is everyone’s responsibility to conduct themselves with consideration of their own and others’ health. Public Health Canada has published clear guidelines to follow to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Physical distance: Keep a distance of 2 metres between yourself and others
- Hygiene: Be sure to regularly wash and/or sanitize your hands
- Cleaning: Regularly clean surfaces with approved anti-bacterial products
- PPE: Wear a mask or face covering when in public spaces
If you have any questions, relating to employment, COVID-19 or any other matters, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
In this time of great uncertainty our best defence is to all work together and be good to one another.
Being Prepared (Public Health Canada)
Symptoms and Treatment (Public Health Canada)
Prevention and Risks (Public Health Canada)
Instructions on Effective Hand Washing
Disinfectants with Evidence for Use Against COVID-19 (Public Health Canada)
World Health Organization (WHO) Advice
Recent Ontario Statistics