IP Secretary/Legal Assistant
Our client, a highly respected international law firm, is currently seeking a talented and experienced Legal Assistant with excellent hands on experience with intellectual property. This highly driven downtown location attracts and retains individuals by providing a great environment. If you’re not afraid of a challenge and are willing to put in the work required for success, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What our client offers!
- Opportunity to work with a reputable firm
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Excellent work environment
- Valuable industry experience
What you will be doing in this role you specifically will:
- Processing electronic filings and prosecution of Canadian trademark applications and related reports
- Assisting with the preparation, filing, prosecution, and reporting of patent and trademark applications
- Maintenance trademark and patent prosecution files, and the preparation of client status reports
- Preparing routine correspondence, booking appointments and travel arrangements, and database maintenance
- Other administrative and general office duties as required
What you should ideally bring to this role!
The ideal candidate will have experience with full cycle expense budgets and procurement processes.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma education preferred
- Previous experience with intellectual property
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), ability to deal with all levels of clients and staff
- Strong attention to detail, multi-task, strong work ethic
- Strong MS Office skills, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Please apply online and send your resume to Kim Miller in a Microsoft Word document. Please ensure the subject line includes the title of the position and the code KM-8150.
I really look forward to hearing from you, but please understand that I will be contacting those that are applicable for the role!
Options Consulting Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all individuals. Applicants selected for an in person interview will be asked whether specific accommodations are needed to support a personal disability.
You can find more roles that may be more suited to you on the options website at www.optionscs.com. Follow us on Twitter @OCS_opi and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/optionsconsultingsolutions for new positions as they come to us!!